Alissa Musto: Pianist. Philanthropist. Pageant winner.
There’s multi-talented… and then there’s Alissa Musto.
Whilst most of the women I interview are multi-talented to begin with, Alissa’s list may just be the most impressive of all: musician, singer, songwriter, radio & TV show host, piano & voice teacher, Harvard graduate, founder of non-profit organisation ‘Changing Keys’ and Miss Massachusetts 2016.
Much like her music itself, there are many facets to Alissa Musto, but perhaps most-tellingly her favourite word is “can’t”. Equal parts driven, intelligent and compassionate, it’s hard to see anything getting in the way of Alissa’s success.
- 0:40 Who is Alissa Musto?
- 3:12 The power of music to change lives including Alissa’s non-profit ‘Changing Keys’
- 8:02 On being Miss Massachusetts and Miss America
- 13:55 Alissa’s music career
- 16:39 Alissa’s song-writing process
- 18:50 Alissa’s single ‘Black Flak’
- 22:41 Musical influences
- 27:22 Alissa’s advice for aspiring musicians
- 30:14 On dealing with losses and developing tough skin
- 31:23 How to reach Alissa and listen to her music
- 31:41 The mystery fruit
- 32:30 Vegetarianism
- 33:01 Q&A